Educate Girls Globally (EGG) has developed a new strategy for educating and empowering girls in high poverty areas where cultural and social traditions hold women and girls back from realizing their potential. Working at high scales and impact but low cost, EGG partners with governments and communities to reform government schools. By leveraging government investments already allocated to education, the program promotes systemic change, empowering girls to gain voice and choice and become more actively engaged and productive citizens.
PROGRAM MODEL: WHAT MAKES EGG UNIQUE
Educate Girls Globally transforms whole communities so people have better lives by promoting local school ownership.
WHAT EGG DOES
- Deliver School Information Campaigns for Informed Decision-Making
- Implement Enrollment Campaigns Driven by Communities
- Strengthen School Management Committees to Complete School Improvement Plans
- Develop Girl Leaders through Girls Parliament and Student Councils
- Improve Student Performance Through Creative Learning Techniques for Teachers
More girls stay in school, learn more, and go to college – and more people living in these communities, even in the poorest areas, are able to shape their own futures. EGG empowers even the most impoverished girls to become leaders to promote change. Read our research results to see the impact on learning and achievement after schools in Uttarakhand, India participated in EGG’s program for two years.